Do you have a business that needs packaging? If yes, then the chances are that you may be using plastic packaging. The bad thing about using plastic is that it is a non-biodegradable product that significantly affects our planet.
Various companies such as YoonPak offer the best paper packaging that can be cost-effective and beneficial for your business. We will be reading the advantages and cons of using plastics and paper packaging.
Some companies are switching to paper packaging rather than plastic as they want to become more sustainable, especially with the new taxes that will come next year. However, switching to paper will not be the best choice as it also comes with environmental issues.
For instance, cardboard production will be water-intensive and generate emissions along with the risk of increasing deforestation if not used sustainably. Other than that, it will be challenging to recycle if the food or other waste is contaminated. Let us get more insight into both plastic and paper packaging.
The existence of plastic happened due to a mistake in 1907, but it gained popularity in the 1950s when the high-density polythene was created. These are made from fossil fuels, which are non-renewable sources.
According to the estimation, more than 4% of the oil production in the world is used as the feeding stock for making plastics. In other words, plastic is seen as a cost-efficient way of renewability and maintenance.
Various companies producing the plastics may need to have the best quality of a xhval check valve as they will have to do something about the molten plastic. The only problem in modern life is that we are now highly dependent on plastic, and it can be very challenging to drop it entirely due to the following advantages.
Pros Of Plastics
Although they affect the environment, there are still various reasons why many companies tend to find it challenging to give up on plastic, such as:
- Low Cost: Plastic is amongst the cheapest materials for packaging.
- Durability: They do not break or get damaged easily, and they can withstand falls or slight trauma without causing any damage, which makes them better for protection. Plastic packaging usually does not get damaged when put on top of one another, making the products more accessible.
- Long-Lasting: It takes about a thousand-year for the plastic to begin to break down. The plastics can last for long periods without any damage. However, as much as it is a benefit, it is why not to use plastic.
Cons Of Plastics
Various companies and farms, such as the float fish farm companies, have to use plastic. However, one should understand the cons of using plastic.
- Pollutes The Environment: Plastic can cause pollution to the ocean and the land. It also puts the life of the animals in danger as they can choke on it. Over a long time, sunlight will break the plastic molecules, which affects the soil.
- Do Not Break: Because plastic can last longer than any material, it is also why most landfills are getting filled significantly. The usage of plastic can be harmful to the environment as they survive for the longest time.
Now that we know about plastic, let us learn about paper and cardboard.
Many companies and brands look at paper as the quick solution that helps them reduce plastic. Because of the dynamic growth in eCommerce in the last few years, factors such as Brexit and the pandemic.
We are going through a shortage of cardboard as the demand has grown exponentially.
Most of the companies are choosing paper as it is more environmentally friendly, as it does not cause any damage or be a threat to the environment if it happens to go into the water or the ocean. Not only that, there will be taxes on plastic packaging.
Advantages Of Paper Packaging
- Recyclable: Cardboard is the source of renewable wood pulp or recycled cardboard material. In other words, it comes with a high rate of recycling. On the other hand, plastic usually goes to landfills.
- Sustainable: Paper or cardboard has a clear sustainability advantage over the plastic as it is biodegradable and can break down quickly.
- Reusable: Amongst the most significant benefits is that you will be able to use the cardboard boxes again, along with the corners of the packages being flexible. You can close them when you are not using them.
- Design and Printing: You can easily do the printing process, making it best for marketing, promotional, or branding purposes.
- Cost-efficient: Purchasing paper or cardboard in bulk can help you save a lot of money as you can reuse them.
- Extend Storage: As long as the cardboard is away from the water, you can store it for the most extended period.
Plastic and paper both come with their benefits and disadvantages. However, it is better to go for paper as plastic is one of the leading factors that cause pollution to the earth and is terrible for the environment.